Ken Wilber's Integral Psychology
Incorporating It Into Your Life and Your Practice
By Zur Institute
View a complete list of Clinical Updates.
Like many of you, I have heard about Ken Wilber and his important contribution to psychology since I was a graduate student. However, I never had the opportunity to learn more about it. While many of us are aware that Ken Wilber is a founding father of integral psychology, few have come to really understand and incorporate his AQAL model into their personal lives and clinical work.
Wilber's AQAL Model Defines and Describes Six Irreducible Aspects of Human Development
- Quadrants - major perspectives
- Levels - states of development
- Lines - multiple intelligences
- States - waking, dreaming, altered, etc.
- Types - Myers-Briggs, Male/Female, etc.
- Self-Esteem - who navigates and integrates them all